Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an expert by your side. My job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document I present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
Knowing how to prepare a winning offer and looking out for you best interest throughout the entire process is an integral part of your agents duties. Getting you the property at the lowest possible price is also crucial to assure no money is left on the table
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- I’ll recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, I may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- I’ll prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, I’ll work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal. Holding the Certified Negotiation Expert (CNE) designation from the Real Estate Negotiation Institute puts me among only 3% of Realtors nationwide who will excel in negotiations on your behalf.
- I’ll communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with me.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, I’ll help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours.
I realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side.